Superman Stats

Friday 24 October 2014

Underdog Awards 2015 Edition: The Pre-Prelude



Underdog Awards 2015 Edition

Prelude 

or

The Unexpected Virtue of Boredom 

 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjr_pK6S8rezO0Z-ZoL06K9_db3mynel1ZcWOzyCTDs7WyIVEzyPtKyz4p1nKFAyvjLpLZdDHGoG1SwlRHR860Z2r20s4PG1kNP0CruLw9W6RClkcBle4vRbW1dC3BwPhqwsEH3CM4PQJBR/s1600/Underdog+trophy.jpg

As I've been saying all along, it's awards season and there's a lot more coming from my blog about the Road to the Oscars.



This also means it will be time to prepare for my now annual Underdog Awards. Last year it weighed on me, that a lot of films never got their due at the end of the year. As such I created the Underdog Awards for the underrated/under-appreciated films of the year 2013.



The problem was, that I hadn't watched enough films for this to really work out, so I had to rush through multiple films across few days. This time round, I don't have the luxury to do that but I do have the time to watch at most two movies per day. This gives me enough time to gather data on a bunch of films that could be top contenders at the Underdog Awards next year.



Of course this doesn't mean that I'll get every film, so in the comments below I would urge you to name me any films you think could be contenders in the categories I have shown below.



On another note, since I'm so bored and I'm doing this post this early; I might as well rehash the rules to the awards.



-These are underdog awards, as such underrated pieces of cinema will be reflected. I could even nominate aspects of films that themselves will be nominated at the Oscars. Even nominate those that have already been nominate e.g.. Last years Adapted Screenplay winner Before Midnight, was also a nominee (but loser) at the Academy Awards.



-Since I'm so generous each award has honorable mentions. The best film award contains 20 nominees, The director and acting and now cinematography awards includes 10 nominees. While the others include 5 nominees.



-Last year, I didn't allow Comic Book Movie nominees. This year I've made the exception, considering how amazing the big three of Cap 2, X-Men DOFP and GoTG were.



-Also this year I decided to expand the set of awards; including awards for Production Design, Costume Design, VFX, Foreign Film and Documentary Feature. 

-For Foreign Language Feature, it will be like the Oscars; one film per language. The difference being that I will not select any film that was already in the list of nominees or in consideration eg. Liar's Dice is this years entry for India to the Oscars, if it doesn't make it to the top five then it still wont be considered here cause it got selected at least. Although of fear over bias, I might not select any Indian entry at all. 

-Also foreign language aspects such as actors can be nominated in other categories in a controlled amount apart from overall Best Film award.  

-Finally, films selected for nomination will be dependent on their release. Each film selected will have been Widely Released in the USA in the Year 2014. For foreign language and documentary, the rule is exempted. 



For more on what the Underdog Award are, read this: http://comicaper.blogspot.in/2014/02/underdog-awards-2014-coming-soon.html





Below is the table of categories in the Underdog Awards 2015 and the nomination slots for each award;


Underdog Award for Best Film





















Underdog Award for Best Director
Underdog Award for Best Cinematography




















Underdog Award for Best Editing
Underdog Award for Best Production Design










Underdog Award for Best Costume Design
Underdog Award for Best VFX










Underdog Award for Best Actor In A Leading Role (Male)
Underdog Award for Best Actor In A Leading Role (Female)




















Underdog Award for Best Actor In A Supporting Role (Male)
Underdog Award for Best Actor In A Supporting Role (Female)




















Underdog Award for Best Breakthrough Performer
Underdog Award for Best Ensemble Cast




















Underdog Award for Best Original Screenplay
Underdog Award For Best Adapted Screenplay










Underdog Award for Best Soundtrack
Underdog Award for Best Score










Underdog Award for Best International Film
Underdog Award for Best Documentary












PS: Nothing related to the above but you'll be shocked as to why the next post after the Omkara review wasn't for Haider, but that will come when I can watch the film a third time as I'm building to writing both a review and full on analysis (like I did with Miss Lovely earlier this year)

'Nuff Said

Aneesh Raikundalia

No comments:

Post a Comment